Monday, October 26, 2009

Eventful week!!

Since my last post I had a relatively eventful week. It started out Tuesday morning with a positive pregnancy test! Yahoo!!!!!!! Since losing the baby last year, we have wanted to get pregnant again, and haven't been able to, so we are thankful the Lord finally answered our prayers! AND I get to be pregnant with two of my sisters-in-law! Also, there's a girl at my church who's only a few weeks ahead of me, so we get to be "pregnancy buddies." I'm so thrilled!! I'm already feeling the nausea and extreme tiredness, BUT - I'm THRILLED to have these symptoms!! Lol!! You will not hear me complain!! :)

When we told Jared, I asked him what he thought. He thought about it for a minute, then said, "Well Mommy, I'm very excited....buuuuut.....you KNOW this is going to be a very big responsibility!" Lol!! Such a deep thinker!! He also told me that if the baby is a girl we should name her Alice (after Alice in Wonderland), and if the baby is a boy we should name him Jared 2. Not Jared the Second, just Jared 2. So creative! Laynie was excited too - we let Jared tell her (mainly because we love to hear him explain things). He did a great job, and when he was done, I asked her if she had any questions. She quite innocently asked, "When the baby gets out of your tummy, may I please have a baby in MY tummy?" Hehehe....we told her she had to get MUCH older, and get married first, THEN she can have a baby in her tummy! So she went around telling people at church that when she gets bigger she's going to marry daddy so she can have a baby too! So sweet!

Tuesday afternoon, two ladies from my church and I left for Hammond, Indiana for the Christian Womanhood Spectacular. We had a wonderful trip - the drive there and back was just beautiful - all of the leaves are turning, and we saw such beauty!! The conference itself was amazing - as usual! My preacher's wife got to speak at one of the sessions, and as usual, she was awesome - absolutely hilarious! Usually I walk away from conferences like that under conviction about being a better wife, but this time I was more under conviction about being a better mother. One lady who spoke had lost her 17 year old son in a car accident a little over a year ago. It just really opened my eyes to the fact that you just never know how much time you're going to have with your children. I was reminded more than once (by different speakers) that you never get to have the child rearing years back - once they're gone, they're gone. I decided to make a concentrated effort to spend more QUALITY time with my kids, and I'm already having fun!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

COngrats on the pregnancy! Your kids are so cute! I would love to hear them talking. LOL