Tuesday, February 19, 2008

We'll see if I can figure this out!

Well, since it seems to be the thing to do, I thought I'd try my hand at blogging. I'm not making any promises though! I've hesitated to start one simply because I don't know if I can think of things to write about, so I figured I'd just try and see how it goes.

Of course, as soon as I figure out how, I'll be posting tons of pictures since showing off my children is one of my favorite things to do. Not to mention, they are two of the most beautiful and photogenic children I've seen in my life! (In my own unbiased opinion, of course!)

So for now, I'll start with a couple of today's highlights. I was woken up this morning to the feeling of a little 5 year old hand patting my cheek, and Jared compassionately saying "It's ok Mommy, I'm here now." LOL!! Don't know if he thought I was having a bad dream or what, but it sure was sweet! Oh, and Laynie's new word of the day: "Ta da!!" She is very proud of her new word, and is saying it pretty much every 3-5 seconds. She is such a daddy's girl. When he's at work, she'll wander around the house saying "Daddy?" with a very confused look on her face. She doesn't quite understand yet when I tell her he'll be home later! Of course - it's precious!

Of course, not ALL they do is precious. Jared is getting very frustrated with Elayna's thumb sucking habit. He explained to me the other day that "Laynie is a TODDLER now - she should NOT be sucking her thumb." (Even though he still has the same habit at 5 years old!) And Elayna's newest discovery is that she can scream! She loooooves practicing that too. (Groan!) Generally when we are in the car, or when I'm on the phone. Her timing is impeccable.

Well, that's all for today. I'll see if I can figure out how to post some pictures.....

No comments: