Thursday, January 27, 2011

Happy times

Lately I've found myself really trying harder to savor this time I have with my kids. I honestly can get myself worked up over the fact that they're growing up so fast (they're 8, 4 1/2 and 7 months). It truly seems like just yesterday that Jared was born - I can't believe it's been 8 years!! If I dwell on it, I actually get sad, and maybe even a little depressed over it. So what I've been trying to do more, is just savor this time - each day - that I have with them.

Recently a family who is from the same area that I am from in Missouri, suffered the loss of their little 6 year old son. It was a tragic school bus accident...I can't even imagine. That morning, a Mama unknowingly kissed her baby goodbye for the very last time. It pains me to just think of it, and I don't even know these people. Was it a good morning? Did she get up early and fix breakfast for him? Did she get irritated with him? Who knows...what I do know is that it definitely inspired me to appreciate my kids more. We have no idea how much or little time we have with them. And even if they do grow up to be a ripe old age, we still only have a few short years before they grow up and are on their own.

So to all one or two of you who actually read this, take a little extra time today and appreciate your kids. Kiss them a couple extra times, snuggle for just a few more minutes. Read that extra bed time story. I'm sure that mom would give anything for just a few more minutes with her baby.

2 comments:

Blessed Assurance said...

Precious indeed are the times we have with our children. They grow up so fast. Take the time to appreciate them and love them now! ♥

Jaime said...

So true! Focus is my word for the year for that purpose...trying hard to savor each moment that I have with my children.