Monday, March 9, 2009

He's gone - waaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!

Well, my Sweetie is officially gone. We're now at the mercy of the Army (drill sergeants, perhaps?) as to when we get to talk. I'm not counting on anything any time soon. We've been apart before, but NEVER for this long, and never w/o the ability to talk on the phone several times a day. The kids are already asking for him (ugh!), I can tell this is going to be a long road! So....9 weeks, 4 days and counting! Just thought I'd post an update! :) If anyone is interested in sending him notes of encouragement, please let me know, and I'll e-mail you the address.

6 comments:

Angel~a said...

I just can't even imagine, Laura. Hang in there!

ValerieB said...

My brother is at officer training (the Marines) and only is able to get his phone back on weekends...I'm not sure if it will be the same for Mike, but I hope for your sake it is. Oh and he didn't get his phone for the first couple of weeks it took a little while... Good luck!

Wydy Elliott said...

I'll be praying for you and if you can e-mail me the address I'm sure Brian would write him. I think they've still kept in contact.

Sarah D. said...

Oh wow! You poor thing! Are you back with your mom now? Keep us updated!

Mrs.Mike said...

Yes Sarah - we're back w/my parents now. (Guess I should have included that bit of information in my post - lol!)

Stephanie said...

I cannot imagine! I'll be praying for you Laura!