Friday, December 19, 2008

Big changes ahead for our family!

Well, for those who don't know, we have big changes ahead for our family! Michael decided a few months ago to aim for a lifelong goal: joining the Army! It has been a dream of his for his entire life. His original intent was to join the service right after he graduated high school. However, his parents asked him to consider going to Bible college for a year first, so he respected their wishes and went. While at Bible college, he felt the Lord leading him to finish and get his Bachelor's degree, so he respected His leading and graduated from Bible college! Fast forward a few years, and here we are!

It has not been easy - he has had to work hard to get back into shape, and he's done an AWESOME job! He's lost about 40 pounds, and gained lots of muscle! (Woohoo!!!) The plan is for him to start basic training (boot camp) sometime towards the beginning/middle part of January. (Though we do understand that w/the military, things do not always go according to plan!) The kids and I will be staying with my parents in MO during this time, which of course I have mixed emotions about. (I know I just ended a sentence w/a preposition, but I can't figure out how else to word it where it sounds normal. Sorry Mom!! Anyhoo....) I'm THRILLED for us to be able to spend extra time with our family, but I really am going to miss my "family" here in Georgia. I've truly come to love our home here, and our "family" here.

Below are our Christmas pictures. I try to get a good family picture at least once a year, and this one took quite a bit of work, but we finally got it - lol!! (All of those with active 5 1/2 year olds, and emotional 2 year olds can relate, I'm sure!)

I hope everyone has a blessed and safe Christmas, and I pray that no one gets so busy or stressed that they forget the true meaning of this time.



3 comments:

Nikki said...

Hey GIRL! You didn't tell me about this the other night on the IM, you need to IM me again, I got LOTS of questions and if YOU have any (questions) just ask, I'll help in any way I can. I'm praying for y'all.

Jessica said...

The pictures are beautiful!! You have a lovely family. I am going to be praying for you as yall start this new adventure!

Love & Prayers, Jessica

mrssaf said...

well if you are itnerested you may want to check into christianmilitarywives.com and join their board to get you prepared cuz honey it is a whole new world LOL

Congratd on the army (I think???) if you need anything ask and by the way youa re eligible for OLT now.